Jim Pattison Outpatient Care & Surgery Centre
Firsts for Fraser Health
Located less than 1 km from Surrey Memorial Hospital, the Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre is the first of its kind in British Columbia. The outpatient facility is unique because it combines day surgery, diagnostic procedures and tests and specialized health programs (including an enhanced family practice) all within one building.
It’s your one-stop shop for more than 50 clinics and programs, located in a state-of-the-art and environmentally healthy facility (LEED Gold standards).
A community comes together
Named in honour of a $5 million donation from the well-known and philanthropic entrepreneur, the Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre opened in June, 2011. Leading up to its opening, the community made a truly remarkable display of generosity and support as companies, organizations and individuals teamed up to match Jim Pattison’s donation during the 100 Days to Give campaign.
Surrey Hospital & Outpatient Centre Foundation is strategically putting the money into areas of our health care system that will help recruit and retain specialists and other top medical professionals to our city.
Designed to improve the patient experience for outpatients, many programs and services moved over from Surrey Memorial Hospital to help relieve congestion.
Some of these innovative steps include express check-in kiosks that patients with scheduled appointments can check in at upon arrival. The kiosks, which will be used throughout the centre, confirm the patients’ arrival and provide them with directions on where to proceed, while alerting the clinic to prepare for the patient, creating workflow efficiencies. The kiosks are available in English and Punjabi, with more languages to come.
The Outpatient Centre delivers a number of new services not previously available in Fraser Health, such as:
- A breast health clinic that will diagnose suspected breast cancer in 21 days or less.
- Urology services, including extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy to non-invasively treat kidney stones and other stones in the gallbladder and liver, previously only available in Vancouver
- The first comprehensive HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C clinic in the Fraser Valley.
- An anticoagulation management clinic that offers a new care model to improve medication management for patients at risk for blood clots.
- A community birth program that features a team of family physicians, registered midwives, nurses, nurse practitioners, and doulas to offer care from pregnancy through to the birth of the baby up to six weeks of age.
There are numerous other programs available to provide care for a wide range of health issues, including:
- Cardiac rehab and prevention
- Day surgeries
- Lung health
- Maternity Clinics
- Primary care clinic
- Specialized clinics for chronic illnesses like asthma, congestive heart failure, and diabetes
With state-of-the-art medical equipment, including an MRI scanner, CT scanners, radiology, bone density, ultrasound, mammography, nuclear medicine and cardiac diagnostic equipment, patients can access treatment closer to home.
Small Miracles The Small Miracles Fund has been set up to support items that help to enhance a patient’s stay and healing environment but would not necessarily be considered for …