Monthly Giving & Circle of Friends
Partners in Health Care
Our monthly donors are as precious as gold. Here’s why. When you join Partners in Health Care monthly donor club every dollar makes a difference! Caring, compassion, community – by joining, you are partnering with BC’s second largest health campus. Some examples:
- $10 a month will help fund a Resight Machine for our new Retinal OR, allowing surgeons to give the gift of sight
- $20 a month will help fund a new Ultrasound for the Breast Health Clinic so women can get a faster diagnosis
- $50 a month will enable us to purchase Pediatric Laproscopic surgical equipment so that children can have minimally invasive surgery
Surgical Upgrades – we need innovative equipment to provide specialized care
Child Mental Health – Surrey urgently needs a short stay psychiatric unit for children
The best way to give
Over 200 people have joined the club, and receive regular updates and an annual invitation to a special event to learn more about our high-tech hospital.
Your monthly gift enables us to respond to our most urgent needs to fund high tech medical equipment and support health programs at Surrey Memorial Hospital and Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre.
Your support gives us the resources we need to provide innovative health care solutions.
- Small monthly payments are so easy – choose between credit card payments or directly from your bank account (just send us a void cheque).
- You can have the satisfaction of knowing your gifts go towards the hospital’s most urgent needs.
- You will receive a consolidated tax receipt in February.
- As a Partner in Health Care, you are eligible for special recognition and invitations to special events.
- You will also receive e-newsletters showcasing our latest achievements thanks to your help.
- You can cancel your monthly giving at any time.
Download a Form to mail in with your void cheque or your credit card number.
Circle of Friends
Circle of Friends is a way of recognizing our most generous donors. When you give a gift of $1,000 to $10,000 in a calendar year (cumulative) you will be celebrated as a special supporter.
- You will receive an exclusive invitation to an event where you can meet some of our medical staff. In November 2016, members attended an exclusive brunch at the Sheraton Guildford where they learned about minimally invasive thoracic surgery with Dr. Ashrafi.
- Are you interested in a hospital tour, or a tour of the new Critical Care Tower? Ask us.
- Our e-newsletter will keep you informed of what’s happening
- Your name on our Annual Giving donor wall for 1 year
An easy way to become a member of Circle of Friends is to join the monthly donor club. A gift of $84 a month will bring you up to this special level of giving.
The impact of your $1,000 gift
- $7,500 can purchase a portable vein finder, enabling nurses to administer IVs to elderly patients without multiple jabs, enhancing patient comfort;
- $14,000 enables us to purchase a portable defibrillator for use on children should they go into cardiac arrest;
- $33,000 will allow us to obtain a special ultrasound used to diagnose cataracts for eye surgery;
- $100,000 will purchase an ultrasound machine for the Breast Health Clinic to help women get faster diagnosis for breast cancer.
We want to thank our Circle of Friends – your donations have made it possible for us to purchase a new ultrasound for Maternal Fetal Medicine. Thanks to this new equipment, we will be able to hire a fourth specialist to work in Maternal Fetal Medicine, increasing our capacity to help expectant mothers with complicated pregnancies.
Thank you for your kind and generous support! We couldn’t do it without you.